Tuesday 22 June 2021

The Walking Dead Season 4

  I started watching TWD a few years ago but have only just recently finished it's fourth season as I take extended breaks from things regardless of my enjoyment, SNL is a notable exception as I will gladly go down a SNL YouTube rabbit hole anytime, and I did enjoy the first three seasons very much and a recent Season 4 card purchase drew me back in as I wanted to open them after viewing due to spiolers. 

 This is not a episode-by-episode review as I can't remember what happened in a specific episode but rather an overview of sorts.  

 I just want to get two things out of the way, normally 'plotholes' or out of character moments don't bother me, usually as I miss them anyway, but The Governor beheading Hershel and not Michonne annoyed me due to a) Penny and b) my Michonne dislike, I think he said he forgave her but come on The Governor's  not like that! The other involved Glenn and Tara being stuck in a tunnel seemingly doomed, Glenn knows Walker guts can disugise you so he and Tara had a way out as there was dead Walkers around.

 We had a new cast of characters join us most notably Abrahams crew and Tara. I like the four of them with Rosita bringing up the rear due to not having anything noteworthy yet in the show. It seems fair to say Eugene isn't going to be all he's said he is, there's a likeability about Tara and Abraham looks like a ginger Ron Swanson (at least in real life) so i'm sold. 

 I still can not stand Michonne, Carl and to a lesser extent Daryl. The sour faced tough nut cliche has never appealed to me, I can't stand kids who think they're grown up and Daryl leans slightly to the former also for me. I have no time for Carol but at least she's shown to be changing and adapting to what it takes to survive, some noticible character development there. On a Carol note; the episode focusing on her, Tyresse and the kids was arguably the high point of the season, the deaths, at least cicumstance-wise caught me by surprise and the burned Walkers in this episode were for me the best looking of the saeson (if not of the show so far).

 My favourite moment was the tunnel rescue/reunion, I was almost shouting like Debra Wingers friend at the end of Officer and A Gentlkeman when Glenn and Maggie reunited, there's also a puzzle set in the second set of cards of this scene. I'll miss The Governor (i'm a Morrissey fan) and Hershel too. 
 I didn't expect Terminus to be an outright trap, I figured the place wouldn't end well I just didnt think it wouldn't start well.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment